Sunday, October 3, 2010

Gallery Visit

A.) Which artworks make an impact or impression on me? Why?





I love the colors of this piece and the clean lines. It really caught my eye as I walked past.


The simplisity of the bold black lines really stood out. The bright yellow hair really pulled me in.


This peace was so different from the rest. It wasn't a portrait or a landscape. It was bright and grusome and really left me thinking.



B.) Which artworks do I feel a connection with? Why?
My favorite animal is the cow. The painting is absolutely beautiful to me. From the form of the cow to the color of the field it is laying in.


This piece was really inspiring to me. The clean crisp colors and repeating circular shape. I really was drawn into it.



This was one of my favorite pieces. All the little minute details. I really like to get close up to a painting and this one was just amazing.



C.) Which artworks would I like to know more about? Why?

This piece intrigues me. The way it captures motions really is incredible.




I would like to learn more about Van Gogh's work in general. His painting style is something that I envy.

Works of art that are made up of solid blocks of color I feel like I don't fully understand. I feel like its pretty but is kind of cheap.

2 comments:

  1. Again, nice job on this one as well. We has several of the same selections, and several very different choices. With regards to the colid color squares, maybe, just maybe, you aren't supposed to look at it for its shape and color, but rather for its in depth meaning. Perhaps the shrinking size attests to the life cycle of man... ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good choices on the works of art. They were very different pieces. A lot of them stood out to me. I love the little dog one, I used that in my project as well!

    ReplyDelete