Saturday, October 30, 2010

Exploring Line

1. What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
It something that I see and use every day. A familiar shape with familiar lines. 

2. What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
 I chose pencil. I felt I would have more control and that I could more easily fix anything I didn't like.

3. How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
My dominate hand reached for the pencil many times without even thinking about it.It was kind of uncomfortable. I didn't really want to continue drawing with my opposite hand at all after coming to a result I found good enough.

4. Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I don't like to draw in general but the look of the first drawing is distinctively clearer and more defined.  The first drawing being more accurate the second being more free and loose. I think that this was a great exercise. It really was strange to use my non-dominate hand. 

5. Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?
Most likely not. It was really uncomfortable and I wasn't really happy with what was coming out onto the paper. 



No comments:

Post a Comment